Call for Submissions
- Deadline for submissions is June 30.
- The Sunshine Coast Arts Council & Arts Centre invited artists to submit exhibition proposals for the Doris Crowston Gallery, in any visual art medium, of work that has not been exhibited on the Coast in the last six months (with exception of 3 or fewer works in a group exhibition).
- The jury meets once a year. It is composed of curators, collectors and volunteer artists active in the arts community.
- There must be a span of 3 years between exhibitions (individuals/groups).
- Two concurrent exhibitions are usually scheduled for each time slot in the next calendar year.
- Artists will be notified by phone or email within four weeks of the completion of the jury’s process. No telephone calls please.
- Accepted proposals will be kept on file for reference until after the scheduled exhibition.
- Artists accepted to exhibit must become members of the Sunshine Coast Arts Council.
- Declined entries will be returned in your self-addressed and stamped package, or by pickup.
- Critique of artist’s work or proposals is not available through the Sunshine Coast Arts Council.
Presentation of the Proposal
- CD/Flash Drive 6-10 images, jpg only, 300 dpi, sized to 8”x6”, 2400×1800 pixels. Label with your name. Download PDF of Image Sheet for Proposals.
- Letter of Intent – maximum 300 words; describe the proposed exhibition. To show strength and cohesiveness of concept, please discuss your vision of the exhibition, including a description of the art and the number of pieces to be included.
- Artist Statement – maximum 300 words. In relationship to your current work, describe your artistic concerns and your art making process.
- Your résumé, including exhibition record and short biography.
- A self-addressed stamped package suitable for mailing or by pickup.
- Please note:
a. Do not send ORIGINAL ART work.
b. Incomplete submissions will not be presented to the jury.
c. All submissions will be treated with care. The Sunshine Coast Arts Council assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged submission materials.
d. See postal & courier/delivery addresses below.
Sunshine Coast Arts Council
P.O. Box 1565
5714 Medusa St.
In support of exhibiting artists, the Sunshine Coast Arts Council provides:
- One of two exhibition areas in which to exhibit.
- Gallery with monitored security system.
- Exhibition promotion.
- Opening reception organization.
- Exhibition installation assistance.
- A modest honorarium.