Renting the Arts Centre
The Sunshine Coast Arts Centre is available for rentals to community groups, as well as for public and private events. Our exhibitions, programs and events take priority access to facilities, but if we are not using the space, we welcome you to use our premiere facilities on selected days, evenings and weekends. Whether you are organizing a public or private event, conducting an art workshop, or holding a meeting — our facilities will meet your needs.
The Sunshine Coast Arts Centre
Built in 1979, the Arts Centre has two expansive and open gallery spaces with heritage construction, wood beams and a skylight. The gallery accommodates large functions and events with an artistic flair. All rentals include use of the kitchen. There is also a projector and screen, microphones and speakers available for an additional cost.
The Music and Visual Arts Studio is not currently available for rent.
- Rental rates are $35/hour for a minimum of 3 hours*
*Subsidies are available for community groups hosting small meetings or workshops. Please inquire at email@example.com
- The Arts Centre is available for rent on Monday and Tuesday, as well as after 4pm on other days.
- Insurance is not required if you are a member of the SCAC and partnering with us by offering a publicly accessible activity. Partnerships are activities aligned to our work in supporting and amplifying arts and cultural endeavours on the Sunshine Coast. They are non-revenue based activities. If you feel your event has the potential for partnering, please contact us directly.
- Insurance is required if you are offering a private event that exceeds 30 people, or if alcohol is being served at the event. Here is a website that offers private insurance.
- If you are serving alcohol, you need to adhere to the BC Liquor Control Board regulations available here and you will need to provide the SCAC with a copy of the permit. You must also obtain a Serve It Right certificate, available here.
- The Arts Centre has a projector and screen for rent. The fee is $50 per event.