JOB POSTING – ASSISTANT ARTS ADMINISTRATOR
Posted: July 9, 2020
The Sunshine Coast Arts Council invites applications for a part-time, permanent role of Assistant Arts Administrator. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who has a passion for the role of art and culture in our society, and who is excited to work in a busy and collaborative environment.
Under the supervision of the Director/Curator, the Assistant Arts Administrator oversees all daily administrative and facilities operations of the Sunshine Coast Arts Council. The role is responsible for the oversight, management and delivery of all general operational systems including daily administration and communication, facilities and rental management, general bookkeeping and budget administration, overseeing the volunteer program and managing the SCAC’s social media channels. In addition, the role is the key coordinator for the SCAC’s annual Art Fairs including project management and meeting financial targets.
The ideal candidate has the following experiences, skills and qualifications.
- Three to five years’ experience working in arts administration including knowledge of administration and budget management and financial operations;
- Knowledge and understanding of art and design field, specifically, arts administration in such an environment
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills.
- Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of Word, Excel, Windows software, database usage, website content management, social media platforms, Mailchimp and general Information Technology.
- Basic experience with QuickBooks is an asset, and knowledge of ongoing bookkeeping systems
- Must have good time management skills; the ability to manage multiple projects and competing needs is essential.
- Must have ability to organise and communicate ideas in written and verbal form for a variety of audiences. Attention to detail is essential.
- Adaptable to changing systems and conditions; ability to design and implement efficient administration processes.
- Ability to prioritize and carry out multiple time-sensitive tasks in a pressurized environment.
- Ability to effectively lead staff and volunteers working in a fast-paced environment.
- A driver’s license and clean driving abstract are helpful.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Maintaining all general operational systems including the SCAC’s computer programs.
- Daily administration and communication including answering the SCAC’s email, keeping up with messages and ensuring the website contains relevant and current information. The role ensures that administrative and financial operations are maintained in an effective, up to date, and accurate manner.
- The position manages the SCAC’s social media channels on a regular basis.
- Oversees general in-house bookkeeping and financial administration including managing weekly banking duties, ensuring bank deposits are made to appropriate accounts as required, working in collaboration with organizers of fundraising events to ensure accurate records are kept and artists/artisans contact information is maintained,
- Oversees the SCAC’s volunteer program including ensuring that volunteers are available for events and programs, maintaining up to date and accessible sources of information, recruiting and orienting new volunteers, and delivering an annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director/Curator, the position coordinates all aspects of the two annual Art and Craft Fairs (Hackett Park & Deck the Halls) including budget management, project planning, sponsorship liaising, recruiting vendors, booking entertainment, creating site plans, and marketing and communication. This includes supervising annual summer student support.
PAY AND HOURS
$20-22/hour, 21/hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume, including cover letter to the contact name below by August 3, 2020. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Contact: Sadira Rodrigues, Director/Curator
Deadline to apply: Monday August 3, 2020, at 4:00 PM